Job Title: Senior Manager – Software Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Team Ace is a high growth off-grid energy company based in Nigeria with the ambition to expand to other emerging markets. The business is scaling fast and is already among the leading players in this space.
- Join the Engineering team and help improve distributed energy reliability to businesses and homes in Nigeria.
- As our Senior Manager, Software Engineering, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of functional software solutions.
- You will work with the Engineering team and Operations departments to define software requirements and take the lead on software development related projects.
- Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
You’ll focus on:
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture with scalability in mind.
- Develop, modify, maintain and enhance internally developed applications to match business processes and requirements
- Working directly with other software engineers, testers, and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products
- Experience of working, interfacing with hardware and embedded systems engineers to build scalable software to commercialize consumer electronics, energy storage systems, payment terminals etc ideally human-machine interface software development at scale.
Requirements and Skills
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of proven experience as a software engineer.
- Minimum of Master Degree, B.Sc qualification
- Hands-on experience in software development, IoT systems, Cloud services and agile methodologies.
- Experience in building scalable systems.
- Must have worked with SPA framework (e.g. ReactJS, VueJS or Angular).
- In-depth understanding of IoT systems and Distributed computing.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux/Unix-like).
- Core skills in Scripting (JS, Python, PHP), Mobile (Flutter), Front End (VueJS), Databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB), Cloud (Amazon Web Services), and DevOps (CI/CD).
N500,000 – N600,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
9th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Senior Software Engineer-AL09” as the subject of the mail.