Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Type: Full Time
Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
- Source for reliable Vendors / Suppliers.
- Conduct periodic market surveys.
- Identify markets for purchasing consumables, perishable items, Office stationeries, Electrical Appliances, and other items as needed.
- Perform periodic Market purchases for food and other perishable items
- Work closely with the Admin department to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Assist in the development of specifications for goods, and services to be purchased.
- Prepare purchase orders, request Invoices, and compare offers from vendors.
- Negotiate and ensure the most cost-effective option is selected.
- Follow up with the Finance Department to obtain approval for requests.
- Ensure supplies are delivered in a reasonable time.
- Inspect delivery to confirm the quality and correctness of items received.
- Create & maintain relationships with key suppliers/vendors.
- Work with the Store Officer in ensuring all items have re-order levels.
- Put systems in place for requisition before supplies are exhausted.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports, and price lists.
- Maintain records of Suppliers/Vendors, Orders, and requests.
- Any other duty assigned to the Officer by your supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc. in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a purchasing officer for a Restaurant, Hospital, or hospitality business.
- Must be organized with attention to detail.
- Able to manage and optimize workload, prioritize multiple projects, and ensure projects are completed on schedule.
- Able to negotiate
- Proficient in the use of computers specifically Microsoft Excel
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and CV to: [email protected]
Note: The subject of the email should be the job title- location e.g. “Purchasing Officer – Abuja” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.