Job Title: General Manager / Station Manager
Location: Lagos / Ogun
Job Type: Full-time
Westfield Consulting Limited – Founded in January 2012, by a team of forward thinking Nigerians with over 40 years of cumulative work experience in management and consultancy, Westfield Consulting is a provider of Human Resource and Strategic Management Services. Our innovativeness and excellence in service delivery has made us a first choice to our growing clientele in various sectors.
A commercial broadcast radio station in Ogun State seeks a professional general / station manager. The successful candidate will be given autonomy to run the entire operation of the radio station to profitability.
- Increase listenership to position radio station in the top 10 within Lagos and Ogun States in the short term.
- Provide leadership and supervision to ensure broadcast high standards and quality are met in line with corporate mission and vision.
- Responsible for day-to-day management and supervision of heads of departments – programming, engineering, finance, administration, sales & marketing- in meeting corporate operational objectives
- Responsible for the success of the station to include growth and profitability.
- Initiate and implement the annual business plan process.
- Lead, develop initiatives and identify business revenue generating opportunities.
- Plan and implement staff capacity building programmes.
- Staff appraisal driven by key performance indicators.
- Minimum of 10 years in management within electronic broadcast commercial media house.
- A university degree or equivalent.
- Ability for big picture thinking.
- Knowledge of broadcast regulations.
- Ability to keep updated with radio trends.
- Highly developed managerial / leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Sound editorial business and finance skills.
- Knowledge of financial budgets and revenue forecasting.
- Ability to lead, motivate and build strong teams to achieve business goals.
- Flexible, Agile and Ability to cope in a fast paced work environment.
- Networking with other business, organisations and agencies to increase the market for advertising.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly recover from disruption.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.