Job Title: Female Business Development Manager
Location: Mainland, Lagos
A pioneer and indigenous Company in the business of marketing unique products including fashion and textile to individuals and corporate bodies.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics and drive the implementation to achieve the set objectives.
- Responsible for reviewing sales and other important reports and data that will measure productivity in the company. Part of the responsibility is to assess areas that need cost reduction program for improvement.
- Gathers market intelligence for the company concerning pricing, sales, new products, new competition and product dissemination. Related activities are marketing, direct sales, projects, organizational operations and customer service
- Provide vital knowledge and understanding of core areas of the business including marketing activations and business development
- Examining and analyzing past, present and future sales performance as set forth by the company’s budget and strategic target and developing a plan in meeting the set target.
- Administering in meeting growth plan objectives within deadlines and objectives
- Responsible for managing sales activities related to product distribution, providing services and other customer services operations within the company
- Responsible for preparing work schedule intended for the sales team as well as assigning certain duties and tasks.
- Responsible for managing different activities such as developing marketing plans, direct sales, customer service, and effective strategies to drive sales growth.
- Monitor and implementing product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns, sales promotion, marketing activations and other related activities
- Suggests alternative layout for store or displays ideal designs for management to consider
- Making ideal decisions and providing solutions in solving store related issues/problems
- Dissemination of important information to subordinates, co-workers and management through email, phone and in person
- Interacting with people outside the company and representing the company to potential customers and other external references. Such information could be shared through writing, email or in person.
- Handles various duties, initiatives and company goals and may assume CEO duties as delegated in her absence.
- Serves as the company’s official representative to target audiences, business partners and alliances, important stakeholders and other third part collaborations.
- Oversee the social media handles of the company
- First degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent course
- Certifications to prove knowledge in business planning and development.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience with at least 3 years in managing a team
- Exposed to core areas of operations, sales & marketing
- Operations leadership experience
- Exposed to Digital Marketing
- Must be resident on the mainland
Key Competencies Requirements
Functional / Technical:
- Good knowledge of managing a similar retail business
- Project & operations planning and management experience
- Ability to manage and develop a team
- Strong presentation skills
- Business analysis and market research skills
- Ability to develop new markets and business relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent leadership skills – Proven ability in leading and developing a team
- High managerial capacities
- Bold and result-driven
- Ability to adapt the company’s vision with proven flexibility
- Very organized and efficient
- Problem solving skills
- Great people skills
- Must be very perceptive and aware of all the aspects of daily operations
- Having grace and dignity while dealing with the public
Work Cycle (Hours / Days):
- Monday – Saturday (8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Application Closing Date
12pm on Friday, 12th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and CV in MS Word or PDF format to: [email protected] Subject of the email must be “Female BDM” for their application to be considered.